There are many great support organizations for foster families in and around the Atlanta area. Below are links to a few that we have experience with that provide supplies, events, and training opportunities.
- Foster Care Support Foundation
Clothing, supplies, toys, and more are available through this NPM Intersect Partner. Children must be past their 72-hour hearing before your appointment can occur, but you can request an appointment as soon as you take placement.
- Perimeter Ballet
Weekly ballet classes are being offered for foster children from August 2016 – May 2017. Perimeter Ballet meets at Perimeter Church. Ages 4 – 18 are eligible. Email RebeccaLaneBrown@gmail.com for more information on registration.
- Judy Hall Yoga
Parent and Child yoga lessons are being offered for foster children and their foster parents. Contact Judy Hall at email@example.com or call 678.575.9621 for more information.
- February 18, 2018, Prom-A-Palooza
FREE prom dresses and accessories for teen girls in foster, group, and relative care homes throughout the entire state of Georgia! This event is sponsored by Foster Care Support Foundation and will take place on February 18, 2018 at
Foster Care Support Foundation Distribution Center
115 Mansell Place, Roswell, GA 30076
For more information, please fill out this form.
- LinderKids and CrossFit Dynamo have partnered together to bring strength, community and hope to foster teens in the Forsyth County area. Foster teens between the ages of 12 and 18 (must be in middle or high school) are invited to experience fitness through CrossFit in a community of their peers, with mentors and role models. The first month is at no cost and if you and your child find this amazing program to be a good fit, then your child can receive a LinderKids scholarship. Teens accepted into the LinderKids program will participate in CrossFit Dynamo’s Teen program at no cost to the child or the host family. In return for the scholarship, LinderKids are expected to maintain their grades and give back through community service. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or call 678-642-8046 to register.
- Supporting Adoption and Foster Families Together (SAFFT) SAFFT has been providing supportive services to struggling families, abused and neglected children as well as foster/adoptive families since 2009. SAFFT’s mission: to protect children in crisis, rebuild their broken families, and empower all caregivers. Through 3 family crisis centers located in Cumming, Gainesville and Rome, SAFFT’s array of supportive family programs and services for both biological families and caregivers (foster & adoptive parents). Services for biological families include: family trauma informed therapy, supervised visitations for children & families; case management, transportation assistance; parent coaching/education/mentoring services (i.e., Life Skills Classes, Financial Coaching, Budgeting, Housing Support); and drug screening. Resources for foster and adoptive families include: sports scholarships & emergency aid, family therapy services (child and foster parent), support group meetings and trainings, critical resources to foster, and monthly Parent Night Out events. Please contact SAFFT at email@example.com or visit their website at www.safft.org.
- Martha’s Court “Introduction to Tennis” lessons are being offered for foster children ages 5 – 18. The first month (1x/wk) will be at no charge. This offer is on a first come first serve basis. Tennis lessons will be offered in Alpharetta, Cumming, Johns Creek, Suwanee, and Sugar Hill. Signing up as a group is preferable (2 – 6 kids). For more info, contact Martha Gjurich at 770.866.4020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to check out Martha’s Court on Facebook.
- Stable Moments is a program where foster/adopted children can make long lasting, meaningful connections with horses, with the help of volunteers.
- The Children’s Haven, located in Canton, provides resources to foster parents and children including trainings, clothing, infant and toddler items, and grief support. For more information, email Deidre Holland at email@example.com.